January 9, 2010

Apple a day :)

This is a side dish or a salad of apple. We usually eat just apples but if you are bored and want to taste something unusual and yummy try this recipe.
Ingredients:

1 big fresh apple peeled and cut into tiny cubes
2 tbsp plain yoghurt
1 1/2 tsp chopped green chili
Oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida (hing) for seasoning.
Salt as per taste
Pinch of sugar

Method:

1.In a bowl mix chopped apple and yoghurt

2. Heat oil in a small skillet. Add mustard seeds and when they splutter add hing and cumin seeds. Immediately add green chilli and saute.

3. Add this seasoning to the bowl of apple and stir well. Add salt and sugar as needed and apple salad is ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. I love apples with chillies and yogurt.It is very refreshing and delicious.I have simple and tasty dishes in my blog.I am a follower of your blog please follow mine.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friend,

Thanks for stopping by 'Treat your Tongue'
Your comments are a motivation and learning for me, helping me to improve my cooking methods :)