1 Cup - Yellow Lentil (Toor Daal)
2 small pieces of Tamarind
1 tbsp - Grated Coconut
Red Chili Powder
Cumin + Coriander seeds powder (Dhaniya-jeera)
Salt as per taste
4-5 Curry Leaves
Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1 tbsp Oil
1. Heat oil in a pan and add some mustard seeds into it. When they splutter add hing , Cumin Seeds, Curry leaves to it.
2. Add grated coconut and cilantro and stir for about 30 seconds.
3. Add about 2 cups of water and then add dhaniyajeera powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder to it.
4. Add yellow daal and after about 5 minutes, add tamarind into the pan.
5. Let the daal cook. Take care not to overcook this daal.
6. Daal is now ready.
Add few drops of lemon juice to this daal and enjoy the taste.