Ingredients: Serves 4-5
1 cup - Yellow Lentil, Toor dal, Tuvar dal
1/2 cup - Tomato : Cut into small pieces.
1/2 cup - chopped Onion
1 tsp - Pav bhaji Masala
1 - Green chilly : Chopped
1 - Clove
1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
1 tsp - Cumin-Corriander Powder (DhaniyaJeera)
1 tsp - Onion-Garlic Powder (Kanda-Lasun)
4-5 - Curry Leaves
1 tsp - Mustard Seeds
1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp - Hing
1 tbsp Oil
Cilantro For garnishing
1. Boil Toor Dal into pressure cooker Take care not to over cook and not to smash.
2. Heat Oil into a pan. Add mustard seeds and after they crackle add hing, cumin seeds, Clove, Curry leaves into it.
3. Add chopped onion and saute until they turn light brown. Also add chopped green chili to it and saute again.
4. Add tomato , red chili powder, Cumin-Coriander powder, Onion-Garlic powder and saute well till the oil come out of the mixture.
5. Now add daal and about 1 1/2 cup of water and let it cook for 8 minutes.
6. Add Pavbhaji masala and stir and garnish with coriander.
You can add 2 tsp of butter at the end to the daal.
Try adding little amount of jaggery to get a sweet and spicy taste.