August 24, 2016

Hridhaans 2nd Birthday Cake !!!

Birthday decoration is no fun, but I am always excited to decorate the cake. I feel taking this extra effort is a way to convey your love to your kid. I am sure like me you and many other moms feel the same. :)


Here are some pictures of his 2nd birthday cake.


First one is a simple birthday cake pendant. I got some pendant free prints online. Used some threads to put them together and the barbeque skewers to tie them too. It was fun to make this one. So many things you can hand in there. Animal cut outs, photos, numbers etc.







2) Here is the cake I decorated. Simple isn't it. I got wilton's butter cream and used it to top the cake.
Then added some food colors, used the plastic bags and decorating tips to decorate the border and the dots on the cake. In the middle I used the sprinkles to make the number 2. I used a paper cutting for the number 2, placed it on top of the cake and then sprinkled to get that number. I think its super easy trick :). You can do it with dried colored coconut flakes too or different kinds of sprinkles.







This time we celebrated the birthday by going to a Zoo. What else a 2 year old need anyways ;)



1 comment:

Dear friend,

Thanks for stopping by 'Treat your Tongue'
Your comments are a motivation and learning for me, helping me to improve my cooking methods :)