Ingredients: Serves: 4
1 cup split Moong Yellow Daal (Green gram)
1 bunch of spinach chopped
1 medium size tomato chopped
1 medium size onion chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
2 green chilli slit
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp butter / ghee
½ tsp turmeric powder
Red chili powder and salt as per taste
Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
1. Wash and soak the moong daal in water for about an hour.
2. Grind the garlic, green chili, ginger and onion to a fine paste.
Add the turmeric and red chili powders to the paste and mix.
3. Heat the butter /ghee (clarified butter) in a pan and fry the cumin seeds till they splutter. Add the paste and fry till the ghee leaves the sides.
4. Now add tomato and salt. Cook on medium level for about 3 minutes.
5. Add the soaked daal and double the water. Cover and boil on medium level till the daal becomes soft.
6. Add the chopped spinach and simmer for about 3 minutes or till the spinach is cooked.
Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
Serve with garama garam Laccha Parathas