I am great fan of Moong daal. Actually fan of all the forms of it; simple Moongs, split moong daal with skin and split moong daal without skin. There is such a range of delicious recipes of moong and moong daal. The thing I love about Moong daal is it takes very little time to cook and is nutritious. It's always good for an upset stomach or for anyone who is sick because its very light to digest.
For preparing this daal we first cook it in pressure cooker. You can also cook it outside. But make sure you don't overcook it or it will turn to thick paste. The daal grains should be visible.
This daal blends very well with rotis, parathas, puris and rice as well.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 - 5
2 tbsp finely chopped Onion
Chopped Green Chili to taste
2 tsp chopped Garlic
Coriander for garnishing
Fried onion slices for garnishing (optional)
For seasoning: Oil, Mustard Seeds, Cumin seeds,
Asafetida (hing), 4-5 Curry leaves Salt as per taste
1. Take daal and wash it properly. Pressure-cook daal until it is done.
2. Take oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds and when they splutter add hing, cumin seeds, curry leaves and stir.
3. Now add clove, chopped onion and cook on a medium flame.
4. Then add chopped green chili and garlic and stir well.
5. Now add cooked moong daal to the pan, add salt and mix everything.
6. Daal is ready. Garnish with coriander and fried onion slices.
Serve with garma garam roti or paratha.